Privacy is one of our top priorities.
We respect your privacy, especially when it comes to financial information.
Have a read to see how your personal information is used by us and how you can contact us with any questions.
Policy Effective Date: April 23, 2018
Last updated on: February 1, 2020
This document describes how we treat personally identifiable information when you use Questis, Inc.’s services as described below.
What is Questis?
How We Collect Personally Identifiable Information (or “PII”)
- Questis restricts access to non-public personally identifiable information about Users to certain Questis employees who require that information in order to maintain and operate the Site. Questis may ask you for additional PII, such as your name or picture, in order to provide personalized services to you. Questis stores, processes, and maintains data related to you in order to provide its products and services through the Site. Questis’s uses for this data are described below.
- When you use the Site, Questis’s servers automatically record certain information about your use of the Site. Similar to other web services, Questis records information such as browsing activity, data displayed or clicked on (such as UI elements, ads, and links), and other information (such as browser type, IP address, date and time of access, cookie ID, and referrer URL). Along with cookies, Questis may also use third-party tracking technology, such as Google Analytics, to record similar information regarding you and your activity on the Site.
- Questis is not directed to anyone under the age of 18. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child under the age of 18 has provided us with personally identifiable information without his or her consent, he or she should contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If we become aware that a child under the age of 18 has provided us with personally identifiable information, we will delete such information from our files.
Our Use of Information
- Questis collects, maintains and processes both PII and non-PII. Examples of PII include name and email address. Examples of non-PII include age and annual income. Questis maintains and processes your Questis account and its contents to provide Questis’s products and services to you and to improve our services.
- Questis’s servers process the PII and non-PII information you provide to Questis for various purposes, including but not limited to formatting and displaying your information, delivering related content, sharing community information, and other purposes relating to the Site. Questis may also use non-PII for other business purposes at Questis’ sole discretion.
- Questis may send you information related to Questis services. If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to receive marketing communications from us, please follow the “unsubscribe” instructions provided in the communications.
Information Sharing and Onward Transfer
- You understand and agree that any personally identifiable information that you provide through the site and explicitly agree to share publicly might be made publicly available at Questis’s discretion and that other users may use and reproduce such. We have no control over the use by other users of the information that you voluntarily disclose to Questis for this purpose or to the public in general.
- Questis maintains physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that comply with applicable laws and regulations to guard Users’ non-public personally identifiable information. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure, please immediately notify us in accordance with the “Contact Us” section below.
- We may also transfer your information to a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
- Questis may, in its sole discretion, also share non-PII with third parties.
- You may request deletion of personally identifiable information by emailing email@example.com and providing us enough information to identify your account and prove that you are the owner of the identified account. We will endeavor to act on these deletion requests as soon as reasonably practicable. Deletions take effect when we act on them. Deletion of your personally identifiable information does not include any personally identifiable information that we maintain on backup servers or backup storage devices for disaster recovery, record keeping, or as required by law. You understand that if your personally identifiable information is deleted at your request, you will be unable to access the Site or receive services from Questis. Deletion of your personally identifiable information as described above does not include any non-PII, all of which Questis may retain in its sole discretion.
- You may decline to provide personally identifiable information to Questis. Declining to provide personally identifiable information may disqualify you for Questis services and access to the Site.
Changes to this Policy Since the Effective Date
Changes on February 1, 2020:
- Removed clauses pertaining to clients for trading services, as these services are no longer offered by Questis either directly or through any third-party relationships with brokers.
- Clarified that Questis has the right to transfer User information in connection with a sale of the company or other divestiture of assets.
- Clarified that the policy applies to Users’ personally identifiable information, such as name and home address.
- Added clauses pertaining to jurisdiction and cross-border data transfer.
- Clarified that this policy applies to “personally identifiable information,” such as a User’s name.
- Clarified the distinction between PII and non-PII.
- Clarified that Questis may retain copies of PII indefinitely as part of its regular data backup and recovery and as required by law.
- Clarified that deletion of PII does not apply to non-PII.
The Site is controlled and operated by us from the United States and is not intended to subject us to the laws or jurisdiction of any state, country or territory other than that of the United States.
Your personally identifiable information may be stored and processed in any country where we have facilities or in which we engage service providers, and, by using the Site, you consent to the transfer of information to countries outside of your country of residence, including the United States, which may have data protection rules that are different from those of your country.
You can also contact Questis by phone at 855.843.5233.